My name is Robban and I´ve been travelling the dirty road since 1986 with the bass on my back playing with a lot of people all over the world, I´ve backed up a lot of people from old Blueslegends to Popstars, from Preachers to Stripteasedancers.. and many more..
A year ago I gathered a bunch of musicians around me and went into the studio to record for 3 days. The people I wanted to have around me for this session were: Bengan Blomgren – the nicest guy and the finest guitarplayer in Scandinavia, known for his days with Totta´s, and many more..
Pekka Gröhn and Daniel Hjerppe – my partners in crime from Wentus Blues Band, Michael Ford and the hornsection with Rickard Slotte, Sebastian Back and Mats Långbacka, The Lovely Sisters Charlotta Kerbs, Jessica Riippa and Fanny Sjölind.. And then the Great Louise Hoffsten wanted to share her voice on two songs as well… 🙂
A few words about the songs:
1) How Will I Survive Without You ( Robban Hagnäs)
– A song about how to make it through the night without your love..
2) 16 Again ( Robban Hagnäs )
– Aah.. the feeling you get when you´re walking hand in hand deeply in love no matter how old you are.. ☺
3) Broken Hearted Again ( Robban Hagnäs )
– The title says it all, where you gonna go, what are you gonna do when you get Broken Hearted once again.. ?
4) Tomorrow Is A Long Time ( Bob Dylan)
– The ultimate lovesong.. that even Elvis had to record..
5) You´re The Kind Of Trouble ( Solomon Burke )
– Beautiful Women are dangerous, they can be both fun and trouble, a song I heard first with Solomon Burke, then also by the great Holmes Brothers with whom I toured in Finland.. Unfortunately Solomon, Wendell Holmes and Popsy Dixon are not longer with us..
6) Desperados Waiting For A Train ( Guy Clarke)
– I would like to dedicate this song to Rafael, an old sailor that lived in my neighborhood when I was a kid. For me he was like John Wayne, a man that walked his own ways, a hero, a legend, a desperado..
7) Black Rose ( Billy Joe Shaver )
– about the excitement about forbidden things..
8) Stay With You ( Robban Hagnäs)
– I´m gonna do everything for you!!
9 ) Heart Of Mine ( Bob Dylan )
– about fear for love
10) Feel Much Better ( Robban Hagnäs )
– Loving you should feel much better..